Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday, Monday

It's Monday, Memorial Day, so another day with no school.

A cloud front has moved in to Koyuk and it has been much like Juneau for the last two days. Heavy winds on Saturday (which I walked in for a bit) must have blown in all these clouds. It's too cold to just sit outside and read, so I'm inside again. Luckily, I found out that my web-based gradaute class has already started-- hah! I had no idea. I'm not used to searching for assignments and due dates on Blackboard, clearly. One of the first assignments is to create a google site for our graduate research! I can do that! Something to do! yay.

May 30th is always a special day for me because it's my sweetie's birthday! Happy Birthday Travis... 24. You're old... I can say that because you'll always be 6 months older than me, and I still have six months to live up my official "young twenties." And I'm celebrating today by putting some extra dried blueberries in my oatmeal this morning.

Also, Travis is now an uncle!! For those who haven't heard yet, Travis's sister Carrie had a healthy baby girl yesterday morning in Medford, OR. They don't have a name yet, but I know some of the options, and I'm sure it will be beautiful. Congratulations to Carrie and Brett-- I can't wait to meet her.

And here is a quick picture from walking around this weekend... so I don't post an entry without a photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment