Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We finished the Ocean and Continents!

Asia!
We finally finished the ocean and continents! Well... I had to finish Antarctica, but the kids did the majority of the collage and covered the collages with modpodge to seal them. We also had enough paper and time for them to create their own personal collages, which they deserved after working so hard on the collages.
Modpodge the ocean.. we made it fun by constantly switching spots and having new things to find-- such as, "Find any pieces of paper that are sticking straight up and glue them down."
Now it's time for me to piece everything together. Over the weekend I matted the continents, and today I glued the handprints down onto a border. It's slowly coming together. Matting the continents was not originally planned, but placing them directly on the ocean actually hurt my eyes to look at-- it just blended together, so I decided a nice shade of blue would separate them enough to be "gaze-able" as I called it.

Putting everything together tonight... notice my last minute Antarctica to the left of the mural. Also... some how I got the ratio of Africa really off-- something to watch next time! I'm claiming artistic expression.
Tomorrow we start digital photo story telling! The kids-- and I -- are excited for a new art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment